Okay, so I am going to put it out there and tell you that I love Mondays. Yes, I know we are supposed to be united in our hatred of Monday, but I am fortunate in that every Monday night I get together with my husband and four of some of our best friends for dinner. We each take turns at hosting dinner, and this Monday it was our turn.
One of my favourite things about our dinners is that I get to make new dishes. I am particularly fond of trying new dessert options, Nathan had suggested a Toblerone cheesecake a few weeks ago and because our main meal wasn’t too rich, I thought this was a good time to try it out.
This is one of those fantastic cheesecake recipes that you don’t need to bake, you make the base, mix the filling together and put it into the fridge to set – great when you are busy with work and all the other activities that get in the way of cooking and eating 😉
Like the last Philadelphia cheesecake recipe I made, this is pretty decadent and you won’t need much to feel like your chocolate craving has been satisfied.
Do you have a particular day of week you enjoy? And whats your favourite dessert to make when you have guests?
Philadelphia Toblerone Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup plain chocolate biscuit crumbs
80g butter, melted
1/4 cup ground almonds
500g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
200g Toblerone chocolate and another 200g for shaving
1/2 cup thickened cream
1. Combine biscuit crumbs, butter and almonds. Press into the base of a lightly greased and paper line 20cm springform cake tin and place in fridge to chill.
2. Melt toblerone in a heatproof bowl placed over a bowl of simmering water.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the melted toblerone and cream until well combined.
4. Pour into the chilled biscuit base and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
5. Serve topped with shaved toblerone.